customise diagram skins?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
jverschoor

customise diagram skins?

Post by jverschoor » Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:18

Can we customise Diagram skins?

So, when rightclicking in the Diagram and going to "Options" > "Notation" > "Skin" > "Skin Type", we can choose one of 3 skins: "default", "simple", "IDEF1X", which changes the diagram format.

Question, can we customise these diagram skins? (Like in customise the fonts, background colours, etc.)

Please let me know.

Alternatively, what dbForge skin + what Diagram skin combination do I need to choose to make dbForge + Diagram look like the below again? (I have tried all combinations, but it no longer appears possible to make dbForge look like the below).

alexa

Re: customise diagram skins?

Post by alexa » Fri 13 Mar 2020 17:29

Question, can we customise these diagram skins? (Like in customise the fonts, background colours, etc.)
There is no such a possibility. Though, you can add a suggestion on the UserVoice forum https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/225134-devart-general

We collect and analyze the information from this forum in order to make a proper roadmap for the future product releases.
Alternatively, what dbForge skin + what Diagram skin combination do I need to choose to make dbForge + Diagram look like the below again? (I have tried all combinations, but it no longer appears possible to make dbForge look like the below).
You could perform the following:
1. Select 'Tools -> Skin -> Visual Studio Light' from the main menu.
2. Right-click the diagram and select 'Options...' from the popup menu.
3. Navigate to the 'Notation' tab and select 'Default' in the 'Skin Type' drop-down menu.

jverschoor

Re: customise diagram skins?

Post by jverschoor » Tue 17 Mar 2020 15:15

Hi alexa,

Thanks for your reply.

Re: diagram skin: understood and will do the uservoice thingie indeed, as I think there is value in color coding the various data types etc. (like Toad)

Re: overall skin selection... that unfortunately doesn't get close enough, which is a pity as I liked the old layout better than the new layout, but so be it.

Thanks, JJ