SQL Complete Temp table intellisense

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
gw123

SQL Complete Temp table intellisense

Post by gw123 » Thu 23 Jan 2020 17:28

I'm having an issue where there is incorrect intellisense on temp tables when there is an alias. It tries using the temp table name instead of the alias when prefixing columns. See image below.

https://imgur.com/gQIdzu0

1. I think this is permissions related because this only happens on the production environment where we aren't sysadmins.
2. If my current database context is master or tempdb, it works as expected. Once I change it to certain user databases (ex. EDWDB), even though I am db_owner, the issue appears. A different user database (Marketing) works as expected. Very strange.
3. I have RedGate SQL prompt on a different computer (albeit with a different SSMS version) and the issue does not exist at all, so unless SQL Complete does something differently, it shouldn't be a permissions issue.

The workaround is having USE master at the top of my query, which isn't really a good solution.

To rule out permissions issue, what permissions are needed for this to work correctly? As far as I can tell, this is a bug.

Any ideas?

I'm on SQLComplete 6.3.16 and SSMS 18.4.

alexa

Re: SQL Complete Temp table intellisense

Post by alexa » Mon 27 Jan 2020 12:20

We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it in one of the next product builds. We will notify you once it's available for downloading.

gw123

Post by gw123 » Fri 13 Mar 2020 15:13

I installed the latest version and the issue still persists.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 16 Mar 2020 12:33

Sorry for the delay on this.

We are still working on this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

gw123

Post by gw123 » Mon 22 Jun 2020 14:34

checking for an update on this. this is a very annoying regression.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 23 Jun 2020 08:35

Please check out the latest version 6.5 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlcomplete/download.html