How to make version 5.8.107 freeze with 100% reliability

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
rlkeith

How to make version 5.8.107 freeze with 100% reliability

Post by rlkeith » Tue 22 Oct 2019 08:19

Hi,

I just upgraded to dbForge Studio 2019 to SQL Server Standard, version 5.8.107.

I am trying to write a simple view to select readings within a range of logger temperatures. Steps are:

Create the view, click Apply Changes, then view the data. All good so far.

I change the range of data, click Apply Changes, then go to view the data. No data is visible even though there are plenty of records in that range.

I change the range again, click Apply Changes and dbForge Studio freezes and needs to be killed.

This has happened maybe 10 times so far today. It didn't happen before the upgrade.

If anyone has any ideas I would be interested to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Keith

alexa

Re: How to make version 5.8.107 freeze with 100% reliability

Post by alexa » Tue 22 Oct 2019 11:57

Could you please provide us the CREATE definition of the view along with the CREATE definitions of the objects that are used in the view and perform the following:
1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Output' branch.
3. Select the 'Write queries sent by the program to the SQL Log' and 'Log application errors' options.
4. Unselect the 'Delete application log after closing' option. Click 'OK'.
5. Reproduce the issue and send us the *.log file with the latest date from the directory:

Code: Select all

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for SQL Server\
Also, please provide us the server's version and describe the changes you make in detail.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .