SQL Complete keeps on de-registering itself

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
negandhi

SQL Complete keeps on de-registering itself

Post by negandhi » Thu 19 Sep 2019 09:36

Every time I close SSMS 17.9.1 (happened in prior versions as well) SQL Complete deactivates itself and requests an activation key. Even more annoying, I'm using SQL Complete on two computers and upon entry of the key, it says I'm out of active licenses. Every. Single. Time. So I need to login to the portal, deactivate a license, and re-enter the key which it accepts (until the next time SSMS is started). The two computers don't change hardware configurations so what is going on?

alexa

Re: SQL Complete keeps on de-registering itself

Post by alexa » Fri 20 Sep 2019 11:17

We added an extra slot for you, so you shouldn't experienced such a problem anymore.

Please let us know if any questions arise.

negandhi

Post by negandhi » Thu 26 Sep 2019 14:04

Thank you, but why does SQL Complete keep on deactivating itself? It's not like the hardware configurations keep changing.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 26 Sep 2019 18:06

This may happen when connecting a removable hard drive, for example, SSD.

The license of dbForge is bound to the specific HardwareID that is generated by dbForge basing on the motherboard, CPU, HDD of the PC that dbForge is installed on. Changing of the HardwareID causes the activation to reset to the Trial period.