Show full column name in auto suggest dropdown

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

Show full column name in auto suggest dropdown

Post by Thenrich » Thu 06 Jun 2019 17:14

Long column names are not showing fully in the autosuggest dropdown. It adds an ellipsis to the column name and the bigger problem is that I can't even expand the width of the column manually. There's no resize handle between the column name and the next column which shows the column type.

The column name column should automatically resize to the largest column name.

Deniss

Re: Show full column name in auto suggest dropdown

Post by Deniss » Tue 11 Jun 2019 10:35

We're sorry for the delayed reply.
There are columns with names longer than the default suggestion list display size. In this case, the identifier will only be displayed partially, with an ellipsis added at the end of its name.
To change the suggestion list display size, you would need to:
• Expand the main suggestion window
• Hover over the column with an ellipsis. A vertical divider will appear at the right side.
• Move the divider to the desired position.

Please keep in mind that the suggestion list size divider will retain the new position until you change it again. So, the suggestion list display boundaries can be defined by the user.

Thenrich

Post by Thenrich » Tue 11 Jun 2019 23:15

It doesn't remember the new width between SSMS restarts. I am using version 6.0.101.

Thenrich

Post by Thenrich » Fri 14 Jun 2019 17:33

That's an upgrade I have to pay for. Also, the renew subscription option goes to to the Buy page for $199. Where's the upgrade option?

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 19 Jun 2019 08:03

Please contact our Sales department at salesATdevartDOTcom on this.