Result pagination can't be disabled

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

Result pagination can't be disabled

Post by Thenrich » Mon 20 May 2019 19:04

I am unable to get all the rows from my select without the Record 1 of 1000 pagination. I have unchecked 'Use paginal mode by default'. I also put a large number in Initial page size and I still get the default page of 1000. How is this thing supposed to work? I want to get all the rows back regardless of size, just like how SSMS works.

Also if I leave the size empty, 0 or put a very large number, I get Page size is invalid. It should tell me what the size range is.

Then I get this error "It is impossible to move to the last page as the quantity of data rows cannot be received for this data selection" when I try to go to the last page. There should be only two pages because there are fewer than 2000 records and the first page is showing the first 1000.

alexa

Re: Result pagination can't be disabled

Post by alexa » Tue 21 May 2019 04:57

Please note that when retrieving table data in fetching mode (Paginal mode is turned off), dbForge doesn't retrieve all table records at once. Instead, it retrieves them gradually upon scrolling data in the grid.