Need visual indicator that refreshing the cache is complete

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

Need visual indicator that refreshing the cache is complete

Post by Thenrich » Thu 09 May 2019 18:43

There are times when a connection gets broken or I added a new object. When I reset and refresh the cache, I don't get the suggestions I am expecting.

For example I type: Use and I am expecting a list of databases and I don't get them. I keep hitting ctrl-space and no databases are showing. I am on a VPN connection and sometimes it's pretty slow. I need a way to know that SQL Complete has finished refreshing its cache and it's just taking some time to finish. Sometimes the query window gets 'bad' and I need to open a new window. I want to know if this is the case so I don't have to wait thinking SQL Complete is still refreshing its cache.

alexa

Re: Need visual indicator that refreshing the cache is complete

Post by alexa » Fri 10 May 2019 14:54

We will review this post and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 13 May 2019 14:43

We recommend you to try selecting 'Edit -> Code Completion -> Reset Suggestions Cache' from the main menu.

Thenrich

Post by Thenrich » Mon 13 May 2019 16:05

I know about this. I want a visual indicator that it's done refreshing.

When would one reset vs refresh?

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 14 May 2019 08:09

I know about this. I want a visual indicator that it's done refreshing.
You can add a suggestion on the UserVoice forum where other users can vote for it https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/87893-sql-complete

We collect and analyze the information from this forum in order to make a proper roadmap for the future product releases.
When would one reset vs refresh?
The 'Refresh Local Cache' fully resets the cache for all of the databases of the connection and starts object describing for each database the user refers to from scratch, whereas the 'Reset Suggestions Cache' updates the suggestion list with the objects for the current database only.