Cannot Describe and Object, VIEW DATATBASE STATE Permission Denied in Database

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
unkajah

Cannot Describe and Object, VIEW DATATBASE STATE Permission Denied in Database

Post by unkajah » Fri 01 Feb 2019 16:48

Hello, I am trying to compare 2 databases that I have read write access to.
using Data Compare for SQL Server.

I do not have Admin rights to the database in question, but I can connect in SSMS, see all the tables, and I have read write to the data itself. I cannot modify table structure. but I am only wanting to compare data.

Any Idea what I am missing?
Thanks
-John

Cannot describe an object. VIEW DATABASE STATE permission denied in database 'AppDB'. The user does not have permission to perform this action.
Do you want to continue describing?

.jp
Devart Team

Re: Cannot Describe and Object, VIEW DATATBASE STATE Permission Denied in Database

Post by .jp » Thu 07 Feb 2019 10:39

Hello,

Thanks for the post.
We're investigating the problem and answer you as soon as any result is available.

Best Regards.

unkajah

Re: Cannot Describe and Object, VIEW DATATBASE STATE Permission Denied in Database

Post by unkajah » Thu 07 Feb 2019 14:54

Thank you! looking forward to it.

-John

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Wed 06 Mar 2019 07:29

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with the answer.
We failed to reproduce the problem at our environment. So, we need a bit more information:
- SQL Server version
- SSMS version
- Data Compare for SQL Server version

Looking forward to your reply.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 11 Apr 2019 17:44

The error "VIEW DATABASE STATE permission denied" pops up when referencing dynamic administrative view sys.dm_db_xtp_hash_index_stats. To reference this view, you need a permission VIEW DATABASE STATE https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/re ... erver-2017

In Studio, there is an extended information on the object. This causes the error.