d, l, p t and u turn into UPPER CASE after

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Rivanni

d, l, p t and u turn into UPPER CASE after

Post by Rivanni » Thu 01 Nov 2018 19:05

when I type one of five following letters (d, l, p, t, u) and than type a '.' (point), space or tab they turn to upper case (D, L, P, T, U). No problems with the other letters of the alphabet.

First I thought it only happened in statements but it turns out it even happens in an empty query window.

Sometimes a SQL Complete code snippet is inserted after pressing a tab but I have no code snippets that use those letters as a shortcut.

When I disable SQL Complete's code completion, this turning to upper case does not happen. So it's SQL Complete related.
The problem started somewhere in the past 2 months.
I removed the other plugins I used to rule them out but the problem stays.

Someone knows what's going on here?

alexa

Re: d, l, p t and u turn into UPPER CASE after

Post by alexa » Fri 02 Nov 2018 13:41

when I type one of five following letters (d, l, p, t, u) and than type a '.' (point), space or tab they turn to upper case (D, L, P, T, U). No problems with the other letters of the alphabet.
This is governed by the following setting:
1. Select 'SQL Complete -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Formatting -> Profiles' branch.
3. Select the active profile and click the 'Edit Profile...' button. The 'Edit Formatting Profile' window opens.
4. Expand the 'Text Case -> Variable Case' node.

Also, you can unselect the 'Automatically format words while typing' option in the 'Formatting -> General' branch of the 'Options' window (select 'SQL Complete -> Options...' from the main menu).
Sometimes a SQL Complete code snippet is inserted after pressing a tab but I have no code snippets that use those letters as a shortcut.
Could you please provide us the script to reproduce the issue and describe it step by step? A video or screenshots would be also of help.

Also, this could the following feature https://docs.devart.com/sqlcomplete/wri ... nsion.html

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

JasonFS

Post by JasonFS » Tue 04 Dec 2018 14:57

Alexa,
this is not a settings issue, it's a bug introduced into SQL Complete within the last couple releases.

For example:

"DECLARE @table TABLE (test INT)

SELECT * FROM @table l"

if you follow this by typing "WHERE l.", as soon as you type the "l." it will change to "L."

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 05 Dec 2018 10:55

We will fix this issue in one of the next product versions and will notify you once it's available for downloading.