Minor visual bug in Studio for SQL Server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
N_A

Minor visual bug in Studio for SQL Server

Post by N_A » Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:29

Studio for SQL Server Enterprise 5.5.369.

I have customized the Comparison toolbar and added a couple of buttons in it (for instance, "change synchronization direction"). If i click on another application's window or the desktop, Studio's window becomes disabled. At that point, the extra buttons i have added in the toolbar, instead of also become disabled, they disappear as if they had not been added to the toolbar. If i click on Studio's window again and it gets enabled, the buttons reappear. I have also noticed this behavior with the Generate Comparison Report button.

This of course does not constitute an actual problem for me, it's more of a cosmetic glitch but anyway, i'm reporting it.

alexa
Devart Team

Re: Minor visual bug in Studio for SQL Server

Post by alexa » Thu 27 Sep 2018 11:49

Such a behavior is by design. The toolbar buttons are displayed depending on the document of dbForge that is active at the moment.

N_A

Post by N_A » Sat 29 Sep 2018 08:29

alexa wrote:
Thu 27 Sep 2018 11:49
Such a behavior is by design. The toolbar buttons are displayed depending on the document of dbForge that is active at the moment.
So, since the Studio window has become inactive, there is no active dbForge document, so the toolbar reverts to showing the default buttons. I understand the logic from a programmer's point of view, it just doesn't look so good to a user though.

An idea would be for Studio to remember the last active document inside it and use that to handle the buttons shown in the toolbar. There would be no need to check which is the active window then.

Anyway, i don't think it's important enough to spend much time on it, so never mind.

alexa
Devart Team

Post by alexa » Mon 01 Oct 2018 09:29

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

We will reconsider the existing behavior when developing the next product versions.