Schema Compare: Have to click "My Defaults" on every dialog

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
PilsnerDk

Schema Compare: Have to click "My Defaults" on every dialog

Post by PilsnerDk » Wed 27 Jun 2018 11:52

Schema Compare Standard Edition v. 4.4.66

Every time I open the Edit Comparision dialog after having changed the target server and/or database, it "forgets" my defaults (such as Object filters), and I have to click the "My Defaults" button in order to apply them. What's the point of "my defaults" if they aren't really my defaults? There's the same problem in the Synchronize dialog, under Options.

I guess the thought behind the program is that you save a file for each of the comparisions you often do, and re-use that file, but I don't do that. I just edit an existing open comparision to the server and databases I'm interested in looking at. Doing this should not reset all the settings for the comparision.

Another issue is that every time I click Synchronize, I have to enter the directory I want the output script to be put in. I don't use the C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ directory, and I can't imagine anyone else wants to dig in there to find their script.

Should the program be run as admin or something in order to save settings?

alexa

Re: Schema Compare: Have to click "My Defaults" on every dialog

Post by alexa » Wed 27 Jun 2018 12:32

We will fix these issues in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading,

alexa

Re: Schema Compare: Have to click "My Defaults" on every dialog

Post by alexa » Mon 02 Jul 2018 15:25

In the meanwhile, after the 'Swap Source and Target settings' button is clicked, please move on to the 'Object Filter' page of the wizard and click the 'My Defaults' button.