SQL Complete formats UPDATE keyword incorrectly

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
floridakgb

SQL Complete formats UPDATE keyword incorrectly

Post by floridakgb » Sat 19 May 2018 15:36

SQL Complete is formatting the UPDATE keyword as a built-in function instead of as a keyword like INSERT and DELETE.

In the TSQL editor, when I type 'update' and then a space, it formats to 'Update' instead of 'UPDATE' as I have built-in functions being formatted as Pascal case ("Initial caps each word"). Also, the color is magenta instead of blue (the keyword color). My expectation is that the UPDATE keyword will be formatted as a keyword like INSERT and DELETE.

This behavior can also be seen when editing a Formatting Profile. The color of the UPDATE keyword in the code samples is magenta (the built-in functions color) while INSERT and DELETE keywords are blue.

I am using version 5.9.60 of SQL Complete and SSMS version 17.7.

Thanks!

alexa

Re: SQL Complete formats UPDATE keyword incorrectly

Post by alexa » Mon 21 May 2018 10:41

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: SQL Complete formats UPDATE keyword incorrectly

Post by alexa » Mon 21 May 2018 13:09

SQL Complete is formatting the UPDATE keyword as a built-in function instead of as a keyword like INSERT and DELETE.
We were not able to reproduce it. Could you please provide us the full script so we can reproduce it on our side?
Also, the color is magenta instead of blue (the keyword color).
This is governed by SSMS itself.