full long column names are cutoff in 5.9

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

full long column names are cutoff in 5.9

Post by Thenrich » Thu 17 May 2018 18:14

I installed the new version 5.9 which came out yesterday and long column names in the table suggestion list are still being cut off!! I have reported this issue several months ago and I am not sure why this annoying little issue is not being fixed. The list width is narrow and not showing all the column names or the schema name in the second column of the list is showing on top of the table name. i have several column which have similar names and they are different in the last characters of the name and it's hard to find the correct table. I manually expand the list and existed SSMS hoping SQL Complete will save my new width and it doesn't.

PLEASE FIX THIS BROKEN FEATURE BEFORE ADDING FEATURES THAT MOST USERS DO NOT NEED!!
Suggestion lists are the most basic and the most important and the most used feature and it's still having usability and UI annoyances.

alexa

Re: full long column names are cutoff in 5.9

Post by alexa » Fri 18 May 2018 20:16

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: full long column names are cutoff in 5.9

Post by alexa » Mon 21 May 2018 10:13

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.