Make a real column the selected one in suggestion list.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

Make a real column the selected one in suggestion list.

Post by Thenrich » Thu 15 Mar 2018 21:24

All my tables have a primary key whose name is of the format TableNameId. Every time I type a select statement and add a where clause ' where id' and hit tab and expect the primarykey or a real table column to be the selected one, I get instead IDENTITYCOL which is not a real column in the table! I even use the table alias and still get IDENTITYCOL.
Please make the default selection the first real column which has the keyword I typed anywhere in the column name. I understand that IDENTITYCOL starts with 'id' but it's not a real column and I will never ever use it. Real tables columns should have priority in the suggestion list so make a real column the first selected one. Using SQL Complete 5.8.178 in SSMS 17.5.

alexa

Re: Make a real column the selected one in suggestion list.

Post by alexa » Mon 19 Mar 2018 08:56

Could you please provide us the full script and screenshots of the actual and expected results?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .