Master Detail sub-sort

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
MEngelbyDev

Master Detail sub-sort

Post by MEngelbyDev » Wed 31 Jan 2018 20:31

Is it possible to define the order of columns included in the sorting when designing the view? Using the latest version of dbForge Studio (5.5.327), a person can highlight a field and press the sort ascending / descending button. This even works when sorting by multiple fields. But the sub-sorting only happens in the order that the fields are defined for the table/view. Example - if sort ascending is enabled for the first 2 fields in the master table and then browsing the data, the resulting rows are sorted first by field 1 and then sub-sorted by field 2. But if I go back and remove sorting for the 2 fields, then enable sort ascending for field 2 and next enable sort ascending for field 1, when viewing the data the sort is done by field 1 and sub-sorted by field 2.

*edit* I found a work - around. When viewing the data, click the column header to sort by that column then hold down SHIFT and click the other column to sub-sort by. This seems to work when refreshing the view as well. But that sort order doesn't get saved with the document.

I guess the question would then become would it be possible when selecting the sorted fields in the designer view, could the order of selecting fields be saved when saving the Master Detail document?

Thanks for your consideration.

alexa

Re: Master Detail sub-sort

Post by alexa » Thu 01 Feb 2018 11:19

We will review this post and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: Master Detail sub-sort

Post by alexa » Wed 25 Apr 2018 15:18

Sorry for the delay on this.

Could you please provide us a screenshot explaining this issue?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .