Generate Scripts...1 file per database object

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
MEngelbyDev

Generate Scripts...1 file per database object

Post by MEngelbyDev » Thu 10 Aug 2017 14:25

Good Morning from USA!

I was wondering if I was missing an option somewhere to enable generating a file per database object rather than 1 ginormous file that includes all the selected database objects. There doesn't appear to be an option for that and the online help doesn't mention it either way.

I am using the latest version 5.5.196.

alexa

Re: Generate Scripts...1 file per database object

Post by alexa » Thu 10 Aug 2017 15:10

Hello,

This can be performed with the Create Scripts Folder feature that can be invoked from the popup menu of the database 'Tasks -> Create Scripts Folder or Snapshot...'. In the 'Create Scripts Folder or Snapshot' dialog, you have to select 'Scripts Folder' in the 'Type' drop-down menu.

MEngelbyDev

Post by MEngelbyDev » Thu 10 Aug 2017 15:27

Looks like that feature is only available in the Enterprise edition. I am using the Professional edition. My bad. Any chance you run specials on upgrades? :D

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Fri 11 Aug 2017 07:52

Hello,

Thanks for the post!

You're quite right that the feature "Generate Scripts Folder" is available in Enterprise edition only.
By the way, we plan to improve the Generate Scripts wizard to generate a single file per object. It'll be implemented in one of the next versions of dbForge Studio for SQL Server Professional Edition.

Best Regards.