SQL Complete Auto Complete Temp Table columns

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
VFV

SQL Complete Auto Complete Temp Table columns

Post by VFV » Mon 12 Dec 2016 07:11

Hey everyone

I recently upgraded my SSMS to 2016 and with it I also updated SQL complete to the latest version but I noticed something that is driving me crazy.

On my old configuration whenever I created a temp table, the auto complete suggestions would list the column names from the temp table if I tried selecting from them. On my updated configuration however, SQL complete does not seem to recognise the temp table columns at all.

I did a quick check and if I declare the table as a table variable, rather than a temp table, the column names are listed as suggestions.

I also tried checking my old version of SSMS and the temp table columns are also no longer being suggested there due to SQL complete having been updated across the board.

I just want to know if anyone had been having the same issue or am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Looking forward to any help than anyone could provide.

VFV

alexa

Re: SQL Complete Auto Complete Temp Table columns

Post by alexa » Mon 12 Dec 2016 10:22

This functionality was removed per other users' requests. Though, we will reconsider this in the future product versions.

VFV

Post by VFV » Tue 13 Dec 2016 04:56

Hey Alexa. Thank you for the feedback.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 24 Apr 2017 15:41

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge SQL Complete, v5.6 where the functionality you were referring to is supported https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlc ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge SQL Complete.

adriantheuma

Post by adriantheuma » Wed 21 Mar 2018 06:09

Hi VFV,

Wondering whether you had found a solution for this issue. I am having the same issue with the latest version of SQL Complete on SSMS 17.4 on a Windows 10 machine.

Thank you,

Adrian

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 21 Mar 2018 10:57

Please check that you are using the latest version of dbForge SQL Complete https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlc ... nload.html