put DB under GIT

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
andreanikolenko

put DB under GIT

Post by andreanikolenko » Wed 09 Dec 2015 10:13

I try to put my DB under Git source control. Repo was created on my local PC and committed test file to obtain normal repository state, bu after I say to connect to this Repo IDE says that: Invalid remote origin, origin not found. What's wrong?

alexa

Re: put DB under GIT

Post by alexa » Wed 09 Dec 2015 10:50

Does the error pop up when clicking the 'Test' button upon creating a connection to the repository?

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the Source Control Repository Properties dialog box?

You can reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

andreanikolenko

Post by andreanikolenko » Wed 09 Dec 2015 12:04

Pls find screenshot attached

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 09 Dec 2015 13:33

Thank you for the reply.

So, when exactly are you getting the error "Invalid remote origin, origin not found"? Please provide us a screenshot displaying this?

andreanikolenko

Post by andreanikolenko » Wed 09 Dec 2015 13:48

Here you see an error:

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 10 Dec 2015 16:53

Thank you for the reply.

We will provide you instructions in an e-mail.

jirrera

Post by jirrera » Sat 01 Feb 2020 21:28

I'm having the same issue. I've linked a SQL database to a local GIT repository, which is linked to an Azure remote GIT repository. If I test the connection it is successful. However, when I click "refresh" the database refreshes in seconds but the "checkout" process eventually times out with the error: "Invalid remote: origin origin: not found.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 03 Feb 2020 15:37

Could you please describe the way you made that repository? Did you use the Clon command?

Please also described how it's linked with the one on Azure.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 05 Feb 2020 14:12

You have to rename remote in the ../.git/config file by executing the command below in the command line:

Code: Select all

git remote rename Origin origin