Few issues, format and shortcut

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Valgardur

Few issues, format and shortcut

Post by Valgardur » Fri 20 Apr 2012 10:37

I have been trying dbForge for SQL Server for 2 weeks, many nice features, but some very strange limitations / behaviour.

Why is there a limit to 100 on right margin? I like 120...

How can I set Ctrl-E to execute the current command? If I try, I still get "waiting for a second key..."

Why does the formatter put "AND" at the end of a line? I cannot find a way to define this to be at the start of the line.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 20 Apr 2012 13:56

The limit will be increased in the next build of dbForge SQL Complete.
How can I set Ctrl-E to execute the current command? If I try, I still get "waiting for a second key..."
Once you reassign the key combination for the 'Sql.ExecuteCurrent' command, a second key is not required for Ctrl-E.

Please also make sure you select 'Text Editor' from the 'Use new shortcut in' dropdown list prior to reassigning the key combination for the 'Sql.ExecuteCurrent' command.

Please try to perform the steps below once again:

1. Select 'Tools -> Options' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Keyboard' branch.
3. Type 'Sql.ExecuteCurrent' in the 'Show Commands Containing' field.
4. Find and select the 'Sql.ExecuteCurrent' item in the list below.
5. Select 'Text Editor' from the 'Use new shortcut in' dropdown list.
6. Set the focus in the 'Press shortcut keys' field.
7. Press the new key combination for the command. This key combination will be displayed.
8. Click the 'Assign' button.
9. Click 'OK'.
Why does the formatter put "AND" at the end of a line? I cannot find a way to define this to be at the start of the line.
This can be setup as follows:

1. Select 'Tools -> Options' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Text Editor -> Formatting -> New Lines' branch.
3. Make sure the 'Insert new line after "AND", "OR" operators in logical expressions...' option is unselected whereas the 'Place "AND", "OR" operators in logical expressions...' option is selected under all clauses.

alexa

Re: Few issues, format and shortcut

Post by alexa » Mon 21 May 2012 10:49

The functionality you requested was implemented in the new build 3.5.61 of dbForge SQL Complete: http://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlco ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge SQL Complete.