'Synchronize LOBs via files' option

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
kurtkemper

'Synchronize LOBs via files' option

Post by kurtkemper » Thu 12 Apr 2012 18:59

I've run multiple compares and all have failed with this message:

Synchronization failed: not enough memory to complete synchronization. Use 'Synchronize LOBs via files' option to avoid this error.

I'm afraid I can't find this option anywhere and would love some help locating it. Please let me know if you can explain where this option is so I can select it and try my sync again.

Thanks!

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 13 Apr 2012 08:03

The option is, in fact, called 'Synchronize via files path: (Enter a path)' and can be found on the 'Options' page of the Data Synchronization wizard.

kurtkemper

Thank You!

Post by kurtkemper » Fri 13 Apr 2012 13:21

Thank you for clarifying that! In the future, if they could simply add the word 'LOBs' in there, it would be much more straightforward. Then it would read:

Synchronize LOBs via files path: ...

That would better align with the original message telling you to use this option.

Any help in clarifying / unifying the original error message with the option to choose would be a step forward.

Thanks again,

Kurt

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 18 Apr 2012 09:01

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We will fix it in one of the next builds of the product.

alexa

Re: 'Synchronize LOBs via files' option

Post by alexa » Thu 03 May 2012 12:51

We would like to let you know that the new version 2.0.35 of dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server, where the issue you reported is fixed, has been released and is available for downloading: http://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/datastudio/download.html