dbForge Data Studio Question

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
cjkeller

dbForge Data Studio Question

Post by cjkeller » Thu 26 Jan 2012 00:39

The webpage for dbForge Data Studio states: (The data comparison functionality provided by dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server is similar to that provided by dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server Standard Edition.).

How similar is similar? I downloaded the Data Compare program and really like what it does. Does the Data Studio have the same capabilities or has it been 'dumbed' down to be in the studio. I like the Studio as I get a few more tools to use for a bit more money.

Thank you.

Christy

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 26 Jan 2012 12:56

dbForge Data Compare For SQL Server is available in the following editions:

1. Professional is a fully-featured software able to complete any data comparison and synchronization tasks and provide the best professional tricks to ease your database management.

2. Standard - the following features are not supported:

- Comparison of native SQL Server backups
- Generating comparison and synchronization reports
- Command line interface

You can see the full feature list for dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server editions here:
http://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/datac ... tions.html

dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server includes all the features of dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server excepting the following:

- Comparison of native SQL Server backups
- Generating comparison and synchronization reports (only general information is generated)
- Command line interface (CLI includes a number of other operations excepting data comparison)

cjkeller

Post by cjkeller » Thu 26 Jan 2012 15:08

Thank you for your answer. I'll download the 30 day trial and see if it will do what I need to do as it has other tools I may find useful for my job.

Christy