Next and Synch buttons do nothing in Synchronization wizard

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
evalua

Next and Synch buttons do nothing in Synchronization wizard

Post by evalua » Sun 18 Mar 2012 23:59

The Next and Synchronize buttons seem to do nothing in the evaluation version. Only the help and cancel button seem to do anything on that page.

Is this a limitation of the trial/evaluation version?

Thanks
Radek

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 19 Mar 2012 13:43

We were not able to reproduce this problem.

Could you please let us know what options you selected in the 'New Data Comparison' and 'Data Synchronization' wizards?

evalua

Post by evalua » Tue 20 Mar 2012 04:20

Hi,

New Data Comparison Wizard:
Source & Target Page:
Type for both = database
Connection = connection to local database server
database = two seperate databases which are a copy of each other and only have one record that has changed

Options page:
Ignore spaces in object names = ticked
Compare Tables = ticked
Different records = ticked
Only in source records = ticked
Only in Target records = ticked
all other options unticked

Mapping page
Only one table ticked, rest left unticked

Then compare button is clicked

This brings up the comparison window which shows two different records, 0 only in target and 0 only in source

I then goto the different records tab in the middle view and make sure the records i want to synchronize are ticked and click the synchronize button.

I leave the "open the synchronization script in internal editor" option selected and click next but nothing happens. Clicking on synchronize or options or summary also gets no action to occur.

Radek

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 21 Mar 2012 12:37

We were able to reproduce the issue and will fix it in the next build of the product.