SQL Complete Update Wipes Out Snippet Shortcuts

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
negandhi

SQL Complete Update Wipes Out Snippet Shortcuts

Post by negandhi » Tue 28 Jun 2022 14:19

For years (and across computers), every time I update SQL Complete it wipes out the shortcuts I've assigned to snippets. Why? For example, I assign "sss" to the SELECT snippet and after I update, it's reverted back to "ssf".

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: SQL Complete Update Wipes Out Snippet Shortcuts

Post by dzhanhira » Wed 29 Jun 2022 11:13

Hi,

Could you please clarify several points:

1) Do you have multiple versions of SSMS installed on the same computer?
2) What version of SSMS is SQL Complete installed on?
3) Which version of SQL Complete did you upgrade from and which one did you upgrade to?
4) How did you update - through Check for Update or did you uninstall the old version, download the new version and then install it?

Best regards,
Dzhanhir

negandhi

Post by negandhi » Fri 01 Jul 2022 14:01

1) No
2) v18.12.1
3) Upgraded to 6.11.3 from last prior version
4) Check for Update (I believe that process uninstalls current version prior to installing new version)

As I said, this has been happening for years and across computers. For example, I got this computer in April and installed SSMS and SQL Complete. On Tuesday I updated SSMS and SQL Complete after that. As usual, my "sss" shortcut was replaced by "ssf".

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Post by dzhanhira » Fri 08 Jul 2022 11:45

Hi,

Kindly be informed that we were not able to reproduce it, but we are investigating it and once there is an update, you will be informed.