Activation Failed - Multiple registrations on same device

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
cjrada

Activation Failed - Multiple registrations on same device

Post by cjrada » Sun 01 Aug 2021 00:53

I received a message: "Activation Failed You have exceeded the maximum number of application copies that can be installed with one license." In the Product licenses > License details section of the website, the active licenses list already contains 2 'copies' of the software on my current machine. So, I deactivated one copy that was on my machine, and reactivated it in dbForge. This machine is only used by a single user account (me), so has only been installed once.

Why does dbForge 'register' itself multiple times on the same device / single installation? And why didn't either of the 2 existing registrations work when I loaded dbForge? (Ie: why do I have to deactivate and reactivate on the same machine)?

alexa

Re: Activation Failed - Multiple registrations on same device

Post by alexa » Mon 02 Aug 2021 07:56

Please be aware that the license of dbForge is bound to the specific HardwareID that is generated by dbForge basing on the motherboard, CPU, HDD (including removable USB flash drives) of the PC that dbForge is installed on. Changing of the HardwareID causes the activation to reset to the Trial mode.