With ADO.NET C#, you may create a "offline" version of SQL Server databases.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
yadav12

With ADO.NET C#, you may create a "offline" version of SQL Server databases.

Post by yadav12 » Tue 25 May 2021 06:34

Hello there, I'm a computer science student who has been working on several applications for home use to assist me manage my funds, time, and so on.
Now that the finance management one has proven to be really beneficial, I've been asked to make one for some of my acquaintances at a reasonable cost. In the home version, I host the database on my PC using SQL Server, and the server must be operating for the programme to work.
Is there a way to use SQL databases without having to run a SQL Server instance on the "clients" PC, or connecting it remotely to my machine, which would necessitate port forwarding on my router and keeping my computer online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...? 192.168.8.1 192.168.100.1
Last edited by yadav12 on Mon 14 Jun 2021 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: With ADO.NET C#, you may create a "offline" version of SQL Server databases.

Post by Shalex » Wed 26 May 2021 14:20

If you need to distribute your application with a database without running a local database server, we recommend you to work with embedded databases:

1) Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition. Refer to Microsoft documentation

2) SQLite. In this case, just place the database file and SQLite engine (sqlite3.dll) in the folder with the *.exe of your application. Refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/sqlit ... yment.html