Entity Developer Tutorial

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
mhsimkin

Entity Developer Tutorial

Post by mhsimkin » Sat 13 Feb 2021 00:18

Hi.

Are there any examples, step-by-step guides on how to use Entity Developer both as a standalone app and as a VS2019 extension.

Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Developer Tutorial

Post by Shalex » Sat 13 Feb 2021 12:11

Please navigate to the section of your ORM in Entity Developer documentation and follow the Creating Model tutorial.

For example, here is the Entity Framework tutorial: https://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ ... al-ef.html.

mhsimkin

Post by mhsimkin » Sat 13 Feb 2021 14:22

Thank you.

I saw that tutorial. However, there is no tutorial on how to execute linq queries in the ED application. I have my generated model open, whenever I try to execute a query, I get an error about no connection string.

I would like to have linq queries working so I can develop/debug some queries before adding them to my application.

Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 15 Feb 2021 11:39

You are working with EF Core / .NET, aren't you?
mhsimkin wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 14:22 there is no tutorial on how to execute linq queries in the ED application.
Entity Developer is an ORM modeling and code generation tool. Refer to Microsoft documentation concerning querying data in EF Core: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ef/core/querying/.
mhsimkin wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 14:22 I have my generated model open, whenever I try to execute a query, I get an error about no connection string.
If you encounter Entity Developer-specific issue, specify the exact text of the error with its stack trace. Also, send us a small test project for reproducing the problem.