Entity Developer pulling Oracle Package Procedures in as stand alone procedures

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
iamnotcreative

Entity Developer pulling Oracle Package Procedures in as stand alone procedures

Post by iamnotcreative » Thu 05 Nov 2020 18:16

Hello,

I'm experiencing this with versions 6.9.1092 and 6.3.525, so I suspect it's something to do with us specifically instead of the program.

We recently updated to Oracle 18c Standard Edition 2 which is hosted on an AWS server. When I attempt to do Update Model in the LQML for our instance both versions are thinking procedures that exist in two different packages have been dropped, and that they instead exist as stand alone procedures. It only does this with procedures with no passed in parameters; procedures that have parameters show up under the package and all functions show up under the package regardless of if they have IN parameters or not.

I'm hoping someone else has run into this and knows the cause and the fix

Thank You

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Developer pulling Oracle Package Procedures in as stand alone procedures

Post by Shalex » Thu 05 Nov 2020 19:21

Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue and will notify you when it is fixed.

iamnotcreative

Re: Entity Developer pulling Oracle Package Procedures in as stand alone procedures

Post by iamnotcreative » Fri 06 Nov 2020 20:46

Shalex wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 19:21 Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue and will notify you when it is fixed.
Thank you, I appreciate how quickly you looked into this matter.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 04 Dec 2020 18:55

The bug with placing procedure with no parameters in the Procedures node instead of being enlisted in its package's node of Update From Database Wizard tree in the case of Oracle 18c and higher is fixed in v6.10.1135: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=44281.