Entity Developer with Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
hat04

Entity Developer with Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET

Post by hat04 » Mon 05 Aug 2019 02:08

Hello

Can Entity Developer work with Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET. ?

I have installed Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET but can not choose oracle server in Entity Developer.

Thank you very much

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Developer with Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET

Post by Shalex » Tue 06 Aug 2019 18:08

hat04 wrote: Mon 05 Aug 2019 02:08Can Entity Developer work with Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET. ?
Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET is supported: https://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ ... ility.html.
hat04 wrote: Mon 05 Aug 2019 02:08I have installed Oracle Managed Data Provider for .NET but can not choose oracle server in Entity Developer.
1.1. Create a Console App (.NET Framework), open Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console and execute:
PM> install-package Oracle.ManagedDataAccess

1.2. If you are using a standalone Entity Developer, copy ConsoleApp1\packages\Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.19.3.1\lib\net40\Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\EntityDeveloper\".

2. Add the provider registration entry to the <DbProviderFactories> section of your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config:

Code: Select all

<configuration>
  <system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <add name="ODP.NET, Managed Driver" invariant="Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client" description="Oracle Data Provider for .NET, Managed Driver"
        type="Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.ManagedDataAccess, Version=4.122.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>
</configuration>
Replace 4.122.19.1 here with your actual version.

Now both versions (standalone and embedded into Visual Studio) of Entity Developer should work.

hat04

Post by hat04 » Fri 16 Aug 2019 15:52

@Shalex

Thank you very much. It work well

hat04

Post by hat04 » Fri 13 Mar 2020 06:36

Hello

After save and quit Entity Developer. I have error when I reopen mode use Oracle managed data provider
"SSDL parsing failed at line #1062 with message: 'The provider did not return a ProviderManifest instance.'
Warning! The error means that a part of the model cannot be read. If you save model after this, the unrecognized XML will be lost. It is strongly recommended to create a backup copy of the model to be able to restore it to the original state if needed."

What is wrong

I am using oracle 19c for test.

Thanks in advance

hat04

Post by hat04 » Sat 14 Mar 2020 04:42

I found this error occur after enable Model->Setting->Synchronization->Mapping-> check enable "Enable automatic synchronization of the storage part and mapping of the model with its conceptual part"

What is wrong with this options

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my English.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 23 Mar 2020 22:17

Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue and are investigating it. We will notify you about the result.