Issue with custom enum dll in multiple selection TemplateEnumListEditor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
lixaotec

Issue with custom enum dll in multiple selection TemplateEnumListEditor

Post by lixaotec » Thu 27 Jun 2019 14:43

Dear fellows,

i have create a dll enum list for using with ED. Ive set it to select multiple options in a property template with editor=“TemplateEnumListEditor”

It does work when i set values for the first time to a property. However when i go for editing it seems to get lost and trow exception to ED IDE.

I think it has something to do on how it does store and convert enum Identities at properties sheetz.

What could i do to have it working?

Thanks

lixaotec

Re: Issue with custom enum dll in multiple selection TemplateEnumListEditor

Post by lixaotec » Fri 28 Jun 2019 19:40

Question Improvments:

Add this to an empty model at any template (EF Core f.i.)

<#@ extended name="TestMultiEnum" owner="Property" type="MemberAccess" editor="TemplateEnumListEditor" Default="Public" description="Test." #>

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Issue with custom enum dll in multiple selection TemplateEnumListEditor

Post by Shalex » Thu 04 Jul 2019 19:44

lixaotec wrote:i have create a dll enum list for using with ED. Ive set it to select multiple options in a property template with editor=“TemplateEnumListEditor”

It does work when i set values for the first time to a property. However when i go for editing it seems to get lost and trow exception to ED IDE.
1. We cannot reproduce any exception with custom enum. Could you send us a test model and specify the exact steps we should follow?
lixaotec wrote:Add this to an empty model at any template (EF Core f.i.)

<#@ extended name="TestMultiEnum" owner="Property" type="MemberAccess" editor="TemplateEnumListEditor" Default="Public" description="Test." #>
2. The extended property itself has no effect on the generated code. How are you using the property in your custom template code? Please ship the modified template with your test model.