Merging metasource for Telerik doesn't build object

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
marketally

Merging metasource for Telerik doesn't build object

Post by marketally » Mon 25 Mar 2019 19:34

I am a long time user of Telelrik and am grateful that you offer the import and support. I have though found an issue on one of the advanced features I used to use in Telerik which doesn't work. I use the Metadatasource to update my models dynamically in code rather than pushing in from your entity developer because when using containers, I need to distribute my app and have it handle the schema changes dynamically. Telerik excelled in this compared to the other platforms imo, and I accomplished it by like below:

Code: Select all

MetadataSource customdataSource = Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.XmlMetadataSource.FromAssemblyResource("mymodel.rlinq");
then I would check and either get the changes or create the database, which works wonderfully.

Code: Select all

string script = null;
            try
            {
                script = handler.CreateUpdateDDLScript(null);
            }
            catch
            {
                try
                {
                    if (handler.CreateDatabase())
                        script = handler.CreateDDLScript();
                    else
                        return false;
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    throw ex;
                }
            }
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(script) == false)
                handler.ForceExecuteDDLScript(script);
When I replace the rlinq with the daml, it won't work. I really wish you would offer an export in compliance with the rlinq format for this reason specifically. It is greatly needed especially in scaling containers for unique client installations.

D.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Merging metasource for Telerik doesn't build object

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Mar 2019 20:02

We will investigate the question and notify you about the result.

marketally

Post by marketally » Tue 02 Apr 2019 01:25

Did you also get my question about the foreign keys and .NET Core EF? I sent to support haven't heard back - it is also a blocking issue for me.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 03 Apr 2019 12:57

Support for XmlMetadataSource.FromAssemblyResource("MyModel.daml") with the model generated by Entity Developer is on our roadmap. There is no timeframe at the moment.
marketally wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 01:25Did you also get my question about the foreign keys and .NET Core EF? I sent to support haven't heard back - it is also a blocking issue for me.
We have answered you by email.