All table columns are mapped to string properties

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
evk

All table columns are mapped to string properties

Post by evk » Fri 25 May 2018 09:13

I'm using Entity Developer version 6.2.439, stanalone (not from inside Visual Studio), to generate Entity Framework Core model from Postgresql database.

For quite some time (many months) everything was fine, but about 1 month ago something has broken and now, when updating model from database, ALL columns of all new tables (and new columns of existing tables) are mapped in model as `String` .NET type. So, every time I update model from database - I have to manually assign each new column a correct data type.

At the time this happened - I was using another version of Entity Developer (cannot recall which exactly). Then I updated to 6.2.439 but that didn't help.

Any ideas of how to resolve this problem?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: All table columns are mapped to string properties

Post by Shalex » Tue 29 May 2018 12:27

Please open a standalone Entity Developer, navigate to Tools > Options > Servers' Options > PostgreSQL. Press Reset, then Yes, and OK.

Does this help? If not, do the following:
1) upgrade to v6.2.505
2) tell us the exact version of your target PostgreSQL Server
3) does the issue persist with Entity Developer embedded into Visual Studio?
4) give us the DDL script of a test table for reproducing

evk

Re: All table columns are mapped to string properties

Post by evk » Wed 30 May 2018 11:07

Thanks, that did fix it indeed! Before reset there were just 3 mappings in that dialog (for varchar, xml and something else), after reset all mappings are there. Not sure why it broke - I certainly didn't mess with those mappings, since I didn't even know about their existance.