SQLite Provider

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
guinness

SQLite Provider

Post by guinness » Thu 22 Jun 2017 05:29

When I create a database connection for a data model, I have the following providers:

.NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0
.Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL
.Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer

How would I get the a SQLite provider to show? I see mention of editing EntityDeveloper.exe.config in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Devart\EntityDeveloper, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Where do I provide the path to System.Data.SQLite.dll to make this provider appear in this list?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: SQLite Provider

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 23 Jun 2017 16:03

You need to add the following entry to EntityDeveloper.exe.config file in the configuration section:

Code: Select all

<system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
<add name="SQLite Data Provider without EF6" invariant="System.Data.SQLite" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for SQLite" type="System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteFactory, System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.105.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139" />
</DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>
Replace 1.0.105.2 here with the actual version of System.Data.SQLite.dll.

In this case System.Data.SQLite provider will be available only in the standalone Entity Developer application. If you want System.Data.SQLite to be available in Visual Studio as well, you need to add this record into the <DbProviderFactories> section of the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config file.

guinness

Re: SQLite Provider

Post by guinness » Fri 23 Jun 2017 18:40

Thank you, that worked great! I've elaborated the steps I took to get this working below.