Template editor update?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
gvm

Template editor update?

Post by gvm » Fri 11 Nov 2016 06:30

Hi,
I'm started using Entity Developer 6.0.116. Tool is awesome, it has all i need to reduce time on enitites, dtos, etc code typing....

So i had to modify standard templates(Nhibernate, DTOs) a little bit, and I found that template editor has not ability to search in Visual sutio 2015(Search box is not working.). And not navigation bar... So if in Entity developer standalone app, during editing templates i can use standard seach features,well they not so convinient, but atleast they exists! In VS its hard to edit template(huge time is spent on scrolling and searching required method or a place where i need to go...
So my questions are:
1. Does enity developer VS2015 plugin will have improvements in template editor?
2. Does VS 2015 search box(as in usual .cs files) will be available in .tmpl files?
3. If two previous quesionts can be solved using external VS2015 plugins or some configs\options changes, let me know.
Regards,
Vladimir
P.S. You made domain model code generation awesome, but template editing is like 3 of 5 starts...

gvm

Re: Template editor update?

Post by gvm » Tue 15 Nov 2016 09:55

Any updates to entity developer editor?...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 15 Nov 2016 17:44

gvm wrote:I found that template editor has not ability to search in Visual sutio 2015(Search box is not working.). And not navigation bar...
Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue: the search finds only the first matching entry. As a workaround, move the cursor position just after the match found (e.g.: press right arrow on your keyboard) and press F3 again to navigate to the next matching entry.

We will notify you when the bug is fixed.

gvm

Post by gvm » Wed 16 Nov 2016 07:43

Hi,
What about my other questions?
Regards

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 17 Nov 2016 07:53

gvm wrote:1. Does enity developer VS2015 plugin will have improvements in template editor?
We do not plan any improvements in the nearest future. Please describe enhancements you are interested in.
gvm wrote:2. Does VS 2015 search box(as in usual .cs files) will be available in .tmpl files?
Yes, we will notify you when the issue is fixed.
gvm wrote:3. If two previous quesionts can be solved using external VS2015 plugins or some configs\options changes, let me know.
Workaround (for embedded Entity Developer): move the cursor position just after the match found (e.g.: press right arrow on your keyboard) and press F3 again to navigate to the next matching entry. Or use a standalone Entity Developer for modifying template.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Mar 2018 16:48

The bug with the Find Next functionality of T4 Editor embedded into Visual Studio is fixed: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36964.