When saving, failure to generate. VS2015 + nhibernate

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
sbroomheadsr

When saving, failure to generate. VS2015 + nhibernate

Post by sbroomheadsr » Fri 06 May 2016 17:09

I have ED (5.8.818) installed on Windows 10 Pro with VS2015 Upd 2, using NHibernate. Our team has a solution in which they created a model with 3 diagrams and about 12 classes. I started a new branch and retrieved this from git and added my own classes. When I saved, all worked as it should have. Now when I add a new class and save, the save icon flashes quickly and no new generated files are seen in the Solution Explorer list for that class. It seems to be only with this solution on my PC as I have worked with other solutions with no problems.

I have tried: open/close solution, restart VS, reboot, pulled same branch to new location from git, changed model/template/diagram properties/setting, checked for updates for NHibernate, and reinstalled Entity Developer. All to no avail.

Then I created new branch in git. This solution worked as it should for a day before it, too, stopped generating.

The name of our API is GoldenFireCurry and so the model is in GoldenFireCurry.Models. According to SourceTree, the only files I changes the last time I tested this were the GoldenFireCurry.ServiceOrderModel.view file for my diagram and the GoldenFireCurry.edps file for the model.

Like I said, so far I am the only one on my team with the problem but I am the only one that has been using Win10.

Thanks for any thoughts on this problem.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: When saving, failure to generate. VS2015 + nhibernate

Post by Shalex » Tue 10 May 2016 13:14

Please specify the following information:
1. Confirm that Entity Developer generates *.cs files successfully in other solutions (under GIT) with *.hbml in the same environment.
2. Check if there is an additional information in View > Output and View > Error List.
3. Tell us the edition of your Entity Developer (Tools > Enitty Developer > About).
4. Are the existing files regenerated? For this, either include some change or check datetime in header of the generated *.cs.
5. Maybe files are generated but not included in the project. Check the project folder on your file system.
6. Open a standalone Entity Developer. Does it generate the files (press Save, then Generate Code)?

sbroomheadsr

Post by sbroomheadsr » Wed 11 May 2016 13:28

Shalex,
1. I pointed my GIT repository to a different folder and pulled the same branch. I then added Several classes and saved. The *.cs files were generated as expected.
2. No errors in the Error List.
3. The Entity Developer: Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, NHibernate Version: 5.8.818.
4. In the problem solution, the existing files are not regenerated. only the .view files are saved.
5. Checked the folders and no files found for the new classes.
6. Yes, Entity Developer does generate the files.

Edit on 5/12/2016
I uninstalled 5.8.818 and installed the earlier version of 5.8.762. After that, I had no trouble saving and generating the files. I may fire up a Windows 7 VM, too, just to match the other members of my development team.

Steven

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 12 May 2016 18:02

sbroomheadsr wrote:I uninstalled 5.8.818 and installed the earlier version of 5.8.762. After that, I had no trouble saving and generating the files.
Please try the newest (5.8.846) build of Entity Developer. Does it work?
sbroomheadsr wrote:I pointed my GIT repository to a different folder and pulled the same branch. I then added Several classes and saved. The *.cs files were generated as expected.
If upgrade to v5.8.846 doesn't help, try the following:
1) navigate to the properties of this particular folder and share access to it for Everyone
2) check the Custom Tool property of your *.hbml model and make sure that it is set to DevartHibernateGenerator. Right click *.hbml in Solution Explorer > Run Custom Tool. Is something happening?