Incorrect type keyword generated for PostgreSQL column

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
tom.puckett

Incorrect type keyword generated for PostgreSQL column

Post by tom.puckett » Thu 17 Mar 2016 14:43

I am using Entity Developer v 5.8.791 in model first mode, and Postgresql 9.5. When I create or modify an entity property of type "datetimeoffset" using the "Property Editor" dialog, the "Server Data Type" generated by Entity Developer is "timestamp with timezone". But this fails to be created on the database server. If I modify it to be "timestamp with time zone" (with a space character in "time zone") then it works fine. The server type that is automatically generated by Entity Developer should be fixed.

Shalex
Devart Team

Re: Incorrect type keyword generated for PostgreSQL column

Post by Shalex » Fri 18 Mar 2016 15:46

You are using the LinqConnect model (*.lqml), aren't you?
tom.puckett wrote:When I create or modify an entity property of type "datetimeoffset" using the "Property Editor" dialog, the "Server Data Type" generated by Entity Developer is "timestamp with timezone". But this fails to be created on the database server. If I modify it to be "timestamp with time zone" (with a space character in "time zone") then it works fine.
We have reproduced the issue. We will notify you when it is fixed.

tom.puckett

Post by tom.puckett » Mon 21 Mar 2016 14:14

Yes, LinqConnect model.
Shalex wrote:You are using the LinqConnect model (*.lqml), aren't you?
tom.puckett wrote:When I create or modify an entity property of type "datetimeoffset" using the "Property Editor" dialog, the "Server Data Type" generated by Entity Developer is "timestamp with timezone". But this fails to be created on the database server. If I modify it to be "timestamp with time zone" (with a space character in "time zone") then it works fine.
We have reproduced the issue. We will notify you when it is fixed.

Shalex
Devart Team

Post by Shalex » Thu 24 Mar 2016 16:39

The bug is fixed. We will notify you when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Devart Team

Post by Shalex » Tue 26 Apr 2016 15:11

The bug with generating the "timestamp with time zone" columns in the Generate Database Script / Update Database From Model functionality is fixed in LinqConnect 4.5.976: http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33580.

tom.puckett

Post by tom.puckett » Mon 23 May 2016 13:39

Confirmed it's working now, thanks.