Missing references in generated code

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Thenrich

Missing references in generated code

Post by Thenrich » Tue 02 Feb 2016 19:45

The code generated by the tool doesn't compile because of missing assembly references. I added references to system.data.entity & system.data.entity.design and still no go. I am using .NET 4.6.1 and EN 5.8.782. I would like EN to add all the assembly references for its generated code.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Missing references in generated code

Post by Shalex » Wed 03 Feb 2016 15:30

Please give us the following information:
1. Are you using a standalone Entity Developer or the one integrated in Visual Studio?
2. Specify the value of the "Entity Framework version" field in Model Settings.
3. Tell us the exact version of your Visual Studio (via the Help > About menu).
4. What is the type of your project (e.g.: ASP.NET MVC 5 etc)?

The last step of Entity Developer integrated in Visual Studio offers to install EntityFramework.dll (checkbox) via NuGet package. For this, Internet connection should be available. You can also install it manually: open Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console and execute
Install-Package EntityFramework -Version 6.1.3

Thenrich

Post by Thenrich » Wed 03 Feb 2016 19:35

I am using the integrated one. In the wizard I indicated Entity Framework 6. I am using VS 2015.
The checkbox is selected by default. The wizard after it was done working didn't download entity framework package and it didn't add a reference to EN. I have a sample VS project. I don't find a way to add an attachment in this message.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 04 Feb 2016 08:23

Thenrich wrote:The wizard after it was done working didn't download entity framework package and it didn't add a reference to EN.
1. Is internet available on your computer?
2. Does the issue persist with the newly created projects (with new model)? Are there any errors in popup message box or in View > Output?
3. Is the problem fixed after installing EntityFramework.dll manually? For this, open Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console and execute
Install-Package EntityFramework -Version 6.1.3
Thenrich wrote:I have a sample VS project. I don't find a way to add an attachment in this message.
You can send it to us via contact form.