How to change the schema that the model uses?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
OutOfTouch6947

How to change the schema that the model uses?

Post by OutOfTouch6947 » Tue 19 Jan 2016 00:12

How do I change the schema that the model wants to use to create the tables?
I am not using PostgreSQL for this, I am using Linq to SQL with Entity Developer professional and I am attempting to do Model first, I want to change the schema that the Model wants in order to create the tables. Is there any step by step on how to do Model first with Entity Developer?
Last edited by OutOfTouch6947 on Tue 19 Jan 2016 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: How to change the schema that the model uses?

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:16

You are working with PostgreSQL via Entity Framework, aren't you?

You can control the shema name used in two ways:
1. Open your model, navigate to Tools > Entity Developer > Database Explorer, right click connection > Edit and set the Schema connection string parameter.
2. Navigate to Tools > Entity Developer > Model Explorer > Store part > Tables/Views and modify the Schema property specified for the tables. JIC: you can select several tables holding CTRL or SHIFT and modify (or clear) the Schema property for all tables simultaneously.

OutOfTouch6947

Post by OutOfTouch6947 » Tue 19 Jan 2016 15:17

Shalex wrote:You are working with PostgreSQL via Entity Framework, aren't you?

1. Open your model, navigate to Tools > Entity Developer > Database Explorer, right click connection > Edit and set the Schema connection string parameter.
2. Navigate to Tools > Entity Developer > Model Explorer > Store part > Tables/Views and modify the Schema property specified for the tables. JIC: you can select several tables holding CTRL or SHIFT and modify (or clear) the Schema property for all tables simultaneously.
No I am not, please see my updated question.

OutOfTouch6947

Post by OutOfTouch6947 » Tue 19 Jan 2016 16:35

Shalex wrote:You are working with PostgreSQL via Entity Framework, aren't you?

Ok I think I found it under Model Settings -> Mapping -> Target Schema.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 20 Jan 2016 14:05

OutOfTouch6947 wrote:Ok I think I found it under Model Settings -> Mapping -> Target Schema.
Glad to see that the issue was resolved. If you encounter any issues with it, feel free to contact us.