Run Custom Tool questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
CodeSlinger

Run Custom Tool questions

Post by CodeSlinger » Mon 29 Jun 2015 19:10

I have three questions related to rebuilding the data model in a EF6 .NET 4.5 Entity Developer database first environment under TFS source control. The following issues happens after everything is checked in, and making no source changes - just doing "Run Custom Tool" on the edml file.

1. I have two projects using EF that have app.config files where I purposefully do not want a <connectionString> tag for the databases that EF uses (I have my own EF constructors). Why is ED adding an EF ConnectionString to one of my app.config files after updating the model or doing "Run Custom Tool" but app.config in the other project is left alone? They both have the same references and packages.config settings.

2. After pushing my source code changes switching from edmx to ED edml modeling, my cohort pulled the new EF code now dependent on ED, and could build but at run time got "Unable to load the specified metadata resource" when running a stored procedure, until he did a "Run Custom Tool" and then it worked. I presume that rebuilt the data model, but should that not have been done anyway? Or did something else happen to cause this?

3. After checking everything in and rebuilding all, and showing no source changes, doing Run Custom Tool causes about a third of my generated models to be checked out but they have no source changes, and the rest of the generated classes are not checked out. I have timestamps turned off so there truly are no changes to any of the generated classes that were checked out.

Thanks, Dave

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Run Custom Tool questions

Post by Shalex » Tue 30 Jun 2015 15:13

CodeSlinger wrote:1. I have two projects using EF that have app.config files where I purposefully do not want a <connectionString> tag for the databases that EF uses (I have my own EF constructors). Why is ED adding an EF ConnectionString to one of my app.config files after updating the model or doing "Run Custom Tool" but app.config in the other project is left alone? They both have the same references and packages.config settings.
Please open Model Settings and clear the "Save connection settings in App.Config" option, save the model.
CodeSlinger wrote:2. After pushing my source code changes switching from edmx to ED edml modeling, my cohort pulled the new EF code now dependent on ED, and could build but at run time got "Unable to load the specified metadata resource" when running a stored procedure, until he did a "Run Custom Tool" and then it worked. I presume that rebuilt the data model, but should that not have been done anyway? Or did something else happen to cause this?
Have you installed Entity Developer on your build server? Refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24492.
CodeSlinger wrote:3. After checking everything in and rebuilding all, and showing no source changes, doing Run Custom Tool causes about a third of my generated models to be checked out but they have no source changes, and the rest of the generated classes are not checked out. I have timestamps turned off so there truly are no changes to any of the generated classes that were checked out.
Is the described issue related somehow to created/modified timestamps of generated files?
Actually, question is not clear. As I understood, Entity Developer doesn't modify the generated files but TFS considers them to be modified. Is this correct? Please specify Entity Developer specific question.

CodeSlinger

Post by CodeSlinger » Tue 30 Jun 2015 20:13

Thanks for suggestions on app.config. Why would it only modify one of three app.configs though?
CodeSlinger wrote:
2. After pushing my source code changes switching from edmx to ED edml modeling, my cohort pulled the new EF code now dependent on ED, and could build but at run time got "Unable to load the specified metadata resource" when running a stored procedure, until he did a "Run Custom Tool" and then it worked. I presume that rebuilt the data model, but should that not have been done anyway? Or did something else happen to cause this?
Have you installed Entity Developer on your build server? Refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24492.
We don't use a build server, just two of us. Not an ongoing problem; was just curious.
CodeSlinger wrote:
3. After checking everything in and rebuilding all, and showing no source changes, doing Run Custom Tool causes about a third of my generated models to be checked out but they have no source changes, and the rest of the generated classes are not checked out. I have timestamps turned off so there truly are no changes to any of the generated classes that were checked out.
Is the described issue related somehow to created/modified timestamps of generated files?
Actually, question is not clear. As I understood, Entity Developer doesn't modify the generated files but TFS considers them to be modified. Is this correct? Please specify Entity Developer specific question.
I have timestamps turned off by "Header Timestamp Version Control Tag" set to a comment. When doing "Run Custom Tool" on the edml file, about 1/3 of my generated objects are checked out (about 8 of them) and the others are not. When comparing these objects, none of them were actually changed. None were originally checked out before "Run Custom Tool" so am wondering why they would be checked out.

Thanks, Dave

CodeSlinger

Post by CodeSlinger » Tue 30 Jun 2015 20:36

For the 3rd item, here is the log, things are definitely being checked out even though no changes occur. Seems rather recursive as well. And is very random as to what stays checked out as many of the items below that the log showed were checked out did not stay checked out. I undo everything in between tests and sometimes a couple stay checked out, and sometimes a dozen stay checked out, when doing Run Custom Tool again, when none were to checked out to begin with.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs has been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs has been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.TxAllDbContext.cs, Tx.info, TxRepository.csproj, Tx.Claim.cs, Tx.CompanyEvent.cs, Tx.Change.cs, Tx.Buyer.cs, Tx.Chain.cs, Tx.ClaimHistoryPrice.cs, Tx.ClaimHistory.cs, Tx.Distributor.cs, Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs, Tx.UsergroupSubscription.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs, Tx.UsergroupSubscription.cs, Tx.TxDetail.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs, Tx.UsergroupSubscription.cs, Tx.TxDetail.cs, Tx.UsergroupProgram.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs, Tx.UsergroupSubscription.cs, Tx.TxDetail.cs, Tx.UsergroupProgram.cs, Tx.Member.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.
Tx.Drug.cs, Tx.MacList.cs, Tx.Status.cs, Tx.CostData.cs, Tx.CostFileServer.cs, Tx.UsergroupChain.cs, Tx.Formulary.cs, Tx.CostFile.cs, Tx.IdRange.cs, Tx.vDrugOverridesInCostData.cs, Tx.webpages_OAuthMembership.cs, Tx.vChainSubscription.cs, Tx.webpages_Membership.cs, Tx.webpages_Roles.cs, Tx.ObjectPermission.cs, Tx.FormularyFile.cs, Tx.Usergroup.cs, Tx.MacPrice.cs, Tx.MedFile.cs, Tx.sp_GetEmployeeGroupNameResult.cs, Tx.UsergroupUser.cs, Tx.UsergroupFormulary.cs, Tx.vRebatesNoReversal.cs, Tx.UserProfile.cs, Tx.Provider.cs, Tx.RebateVendor.cs, Tx.MedFileHistory.cs, Tx.CardHolder.cs, Tx.vInvoicingView.cs, Tx.vClaimHistory.cs, Tx.vRebatesWithReversal.cs, Tx.UsergroupMaclist.cs, Tx.UsergroupCostFileServer.cs, Tx.Plan.cs, Tx.Program.cs, Tx.UsergroupPlan.cs, Tx.Subscription.cs, Tx.UsergroupSubscription.cs, Tx.TxDetail.cs, Tx.UsergroupProgram.cs, Tx.Member.cs, Tx.UsergroupMember.cs have been automatically checked out for editing.

CodeSlinger

Post by CodeSlinger » Wed 01 Jul 2015 21:48

Am still hoping for some input on #1 and #3 - thx. Dave

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 02 Jul 2015 14:16

CodeSlinger wrote:1. Why would it only modify one of three app.configs though?
Entity Developer modifies the app.config file only in the project where the model resides.
CodeSlinger wrote:
Shalex wrote:2. Is the described issue related somehow to created/modified timestamps of generated files?
I have timestamps turned off by "Header Timestamp Version Control Tag" set to a comment.
I meant the created/modified timestamps of files themselves (via right click the file > Properties > Details).
CodeSlinger wrote:For the 3rd item, here is the log, things are definitely being checked out even though no changes occur.
Please find out the change in your local files which causes notification "[...] have been automatically checked out for editing". Compare not only content but the properties of "modified" *.cs files.

CodeSlinger

Post by CodeSlinger » Tue 14 Jul 2015 16:14

Sorry I have been out for a while so just getting back to this -

1. The app.config in a different project is being modified. The app.config in the project containing the .edml file is NOT modified. See post http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=32146 where I detail the fact that the Startup project is the one that is modified and not any others.

3. If I undo everything each trial and reload the solution, and verify no changes exist, then Run Custom Tool acts different each time. Different random files are left checked out with no changes whatsoever. Undoing all the changes, and doing Run Custom Tool again leaves different unchanged files checked out. Also seems to recursively check out the same files over and over again so think this is related. See above Output log of TFS source control showing where each file is checked out multiple times again as the next one is checked out. Last time only the .csproj file was left checked out with no changes and had ben cehcked out multiple times.

TxRepository.csproj has been automatically checked out for editing.
<and was checked out many more times along with each generated file>

Sometimes only the csproj file is modifed and not any models, but the csproj file is ALWAYS modified even though no changes in the end.

4. When should "Run Custom Tool" actually be used?

Thanks, Dave

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 17 Jul 2015 17:45

Shalex wrote:
CodeSlinger wrote:1. Why would it only modify one of three app.configs though?
Entity Developer modifies the app.config file only in the project where the model resides.
CodeSlinger wrote:1. The app.config in a different project is being modified. The app.config in the project containing the .edml file is NOT modified. See post http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=32146 where I detail the fact that the Startup project is the one that is modified and not any others.
Thank you for the correction. Entity Developer writes a connection string in app.config of Startup Project (by design) if the "Save connection settings in App.Config as" model option is selected.
CodeSlinger wrote:4. When should "Run Custom Tool" actually be used?
"Run Custom Tool" is invoked automatically when saving *.edml (if it was modified). Why are you calling "Run Custom Tool" manually?
CodeSlinger wrote:3. If I undo everything each trial and reload the solution, and verify no changes exist, then Run Custom Tool acts different each time. Different random files are left checked out with no changes whatsoever. Undoing all the changes, and doing Run Custom Tool again leaves different unchanged files checked out. Also seems to recursively check out the same files over and over again so think this is related. See above Output log of TFS source control showing where each file is checked out multiple times again as the next one is checked out. Last time only the .csproj file was left checked out with no changes and had ben cehcked out multiple times.

<and was checked out many more times along with each generated file>

Sometimes only the csproj file is modifed and not any models, but the csproj file is ALWAYS modified even though no changes in the end.
3.1. Does it work as expected (without marking unchanged files with "checked out for editing") if you do not call "Run Custom Tool" manually?
3.2. When "TxRepository.csproj has been automatically checked out for editing." occurs, please check the "Date modified" property of the TxRepository.csproj file (via right click the file > Properties > Details in file system). Was it changed? Maybe Entity Developer removed and readded the same entries in TxRepository.csproj so TFS considers it as "modified".