inherit diagram from another one - possible ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Micke

inherit diagram from another one - possible ?

Post by Micke » Fri 12 Jun 2015 14:11

Hi Devart Team,

i have multiple customer extensions (1 per customer) for 1 application , e.g. because of adding specific tables.
but all customer extensions have a common part of DaBa-Tables.

so i would like to maintain the common part in 1 diagram and inherit this one in customer specific diagrams, to connect additional table mappings to the common part.

Is it possible ? Or how would u solve that ;-) ?

thnx in advance
Micke

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: inherit diagram from another one - possible ?

Post by Shalex » Mon 15 Jun 2015 14:31

Micke wrote:so i would like to maintain the common part in 1 diagram and inherit this one in customer specific diagrams, to connect additional table mappings to the common part
The current implementation of Entity Developer is not designed for this approach. Please submit your suggestion at http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/3867 ... -developer.

As a workaround, you can create a model with common tables and copy this model in different projects. This approach works if tables from common model don't have relations with other tables.

Micke

Re: inherit diagram from another one - possible ?

Post by Micke » Thu 18 Jun 2015 15:41

hi Shalex,
thnx for the feedback. ok, i can wait ;-).

small comment to the workaround:
to share the model without copying would already now be possible, by referencing the assembly where the model (and the generated classes) are inside.
but with that i not only cant set relations at customerlogic, i also cant model inheritance like BaseInvoice -> CustomerInvoice .... thats why i asked for whole model inheritance or referencing.

greetings Micke