Generation bugs after upgrading to v5.7.436

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Post Reply
otaviosoares
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 22 Aug 2014 19:07

Generation bugs after upgrading to v5.7.436

Post by otaviosoares » Tue 09 Sep 2014 18:29

After upgrading to version 5.7.436 I'm facing some bugs. I use a customized DbContext template.

1 - Using FluentMapping=True and Mapping Generation Strategy=UseConfigurationClasses, according to the release notes it should generate a partial configuration class. However, it doesn't, but a partial method named "OnCreated" is added. This behaviour prevents the code from compiling.

2 - If I change the Generate Partial Class attribute to True, the configuration's partials classes aren't generated in the folder set on Configuration Output. (Bug 1 still happens)

Can anyone reproduce the same errors?

Thank you

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Generation bugs after upgrading to v5.7.436

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Sep 2014 15:55

otaviosoares wrote:Using FluentMapping=True and Mapping Generation Strategy=UseConfigurationClasses, according to the release notes it should generate a partial configuration class.
For generating a partial configuration class, please set the following options of DbContext template:
FluentMapping=True
Mapping Generation Strategy=UseConfigurationClasses
File Per Class=True
Generate Partial Class=True
otaviosoares wrote:However, it doesn't, but a partial method named "OnCreated" is added. This behaviour prevents the code from compiling.
Thank you for the report. This bug is fixed in the latest builds (5.7.441/8.4.244) of Entity Developer/dotConnect for Oracle.
otaviosoares wrote:If I change the Generate Partial Class attribute to True, the configuration's partials classes aren't generated in the folder set on Configuration Output.
Here is a description (in Visual Studio) of the Generate Partial Class property of DbContext template:
If it is set to True, then, for each class in the model, a partial class (%ModelName%.%ClassName%.cs) will be generated, in which the user can add code that is not overwritten by the designer. If %ModelName%.%ClassName%.cs was created before, it would be left unchanged. The property can be used, if File Per Class is turned on.

otaviosoares
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 22 Aug 2014 19:07

Re: Generation bugs after upgrading to v5.7.436

Post by otaviosoares » Tue 16 Sep 2014 14:40

Thank you. It's working now.

Post Reply