Attributes bug

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Joe Smith

Re: Attributes bug

Post by Joe Smith » Sun 12 Jun 2016 22:09

Shalex wrote:We cannot reproduce the issue at the moment.

Please upgrade to the newest (6.0.20) build of Entity Developer. If this doesn't help, try to reproduce the problem with the model \ConsoleApplication94\DataModel1.hbml from the test project topic30213.zip we sent to you on Aug 21, 2014. Notify us about the result.
Unfortunately, upgrading to the latest version does not help.
If I go to Model -> Settings -> Attributes and press the Refresh button on the lower panel I got this error:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information
Same thing if I remove my assembly and then try to add it again.
I can't reproduce the issue with the sample project so I'll manage to send you my assembly ASAP.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 13 Jun 2016 07:51

Joe Smith wrote:I can't reproduce the issue with the sample project so I'll manage to send you my assembly ASAP.
Looking forward to your sample project. Please notify here on forum after submitting request.

Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith » Mon 13 Jun 2016 18:52

Shalex wrote:Looking forward to your sample project. Please notify here on forum after submitting request.
I've just submitted a support request with the subject "Attributes bug" and my assembly attached as a zip file. Please try to load it in ED and look into the LoaderExceptions property of the exception.

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 14 Jun 2016 08:09

We confirm receiving your email with *.dll. We will process your ticket as soon as possible.

Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith » Sat 16 Jul 2016 09:15

Shalex wrote:We confirm receiving your email with *.dll. We will process your ticket as soon as possible.
Hi, any news about that?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 18 Jul 2016 08:29

The reason of the issue is that your RentingBus.Business.dll assembly references
System.Web.Mvc.dll
System.Web.WebPages.dll
which are not available for Entity Developer (it looks in GAC and in the same folder where EntityDeveloper.exe is located).

Entity Developer executes the code:

Code: Select all

Assembly.Load(@"...\RentingBus.Business.dll");
You can reproduce the issue by running the code in a simple console application.

Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith » Tue 19 Jul 2016 14:00

Shalex wrote:The reason of the issue is that your RentingBus.Business.dll assembly references
System.Web.Mvc.dll
System.Web.WebPages.dll
which are not available for Entity Developer (it looks in GAC and in the same folder where EntityDeveloper.exe is located).

Entity Developer executes the code:

Code: Select all

Assembly.Load(@"...\RentingBus.Business.dll");
You can reproduce the issue by running the code in a simple console application.
Ok, but why not looking in the same assembly folder? They are right there :D
The strange thing is that when I first created that assembly, several months ago, everything worked well so the bug was introduced from a certain software version, although I can not say which one.
Anyway, what do you suggest me? Should I simply put the required assembly in the same directory of ED or are you going to put an option in the project to select a referenced assembly folder? :wink:

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 25 Jul 2016 17:02

Please put the required assembly in the same directory of Entity Developer.