Problem opening model views in Visual Studio 2013

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
billster6809

Problem opening model views in Visual Studio 2013

Post by billster6809 » Mon 07 Jul 2014 15:49

System:
Visual Studio 2013.2
Entity Developer 5.7.387

I have a model that contains 9 sub-views.

In Visual Studio, if I attempt to open any of those subviews, I get a strange error dialog:
"Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32".

I can open the same diagrams in the stand-alone Entity Developer application without any problem.

In case it is relevant, when I open the model in the stand-alone application, I do get this warning in the status bar:
"The 'EntityFramework.dll' assembly is not available, thus Entity Framework 5 validation is used instead of Entity Framework 6"

If necessary, I can provide the model.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Problem opening model views in Visual Studio 2013

Post by MariiaI » Thu 10 Jul 2014 05:48

In Visual Studio, if I attempt to open any of those subviews, I get a strange error dialog: "Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32".
Please send us your model, so that we are able to reproduce this issue and investigate it in more details.
"The 'EntityFramework.dll' assembly is not available, thus Entity Framework 5 validation is used instead of Entity Framework 6"
A similar question has been discussed here.

billster6809

Re: Problem opening model views in Visual Studio 2013

Post by billster6809 » Fri 11 Jul 2014 20:05

Preparing the email to report this, I also ran my solution on a 2nd computer. The issue did NOT show there. So I cleaned the solution on the problem solution, rebooted the computer and rebuilt, and the problem went away. So just transient, sorry to bring it up. I will perform these steps in the future for similar weird behavior.

Also, the solution you pointed me to about the EF6 warning worked for me too.

Issue resolved, thank you.