Provider "NHibernate" not found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
ellis

Provider "NHibernate" not found

Post by ellis » Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:04

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Entity Developer Express to evaluate if it fits our needs. I ran into problems the first thing i did.

When i try to create an NHibernate model, it gives me the error "Provider "NHibernate" not found". I found no documentation whatsoever, to tell me to download and point ED to the NHibernate bins.

But even when i did. It still gives me the error.

I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall. Tho the uninstall process is taking a LOOONG time.

I'm stuck at the start line.

Would be great if you added a note to the error explaining what went wrong.

Running Windows 7 Pro x64
Visual Studio 2010 Pro (also tested the standalone version, same error)

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Provider "NHibernate" not found

Post by Shalex » Fri 17 Jan 2014 17:07

ellis wrote:When i try to create an NHibernate model, it gives me the error "Provider "NHibernate" not found".
Please specify the following information (or send it to us via contact form):
1) the full text of the error
2) the content of the DbProviderFactories section in your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config file
ellis wrote:I found no documentation whatsoever, to tell me to download and point ED to the NHibernate bins.
The Entity Developer documentation can be downloaded using this link: http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/e ... eloper.chm.
ellis wrote:I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall. Tho the uninstall process is taking a LOOONG time.
Much time (several minutes) takes integration with Visual Studio. If you do not select the option of Visual Studio integration in the install wizard, it will reduce the time of install/uninstall.