Non-DB Property

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Ekki

Non-DB Property

Post by Ekki » Tue 17 Dec 2013 07:59

Hi,

I want to define an attribute that will be set at run-time only and never ever be stored in the DB. Moreover I don't even want to create a table column for that one. Is there a way to implement this with the ED? I don't want to add this to the created code as it will be overridden with the next export.

Thx a lot and sorry if this is already answered somewhere

BR,

Ekki

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Non-DB Property

Post by Shalex » Tue 17 Dec 2013 08:44

Please create a partial class with your additional property in a separate *.cs file.

Be aware that you can generate partial classes for each class in the model automatically: for this, set the File Per Class and Generate Partial Class properties of your template to True.

Ekki

Post by Ekki » Tue 17 Dec 2013 09:50

really would like to do so but just face the issue that my ED doesn't want to load the model (an lqml file) any more… Just offering edml/mx… No idea what's going on...

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 18 Dec 2013 10:55

Ekki wrote:really would like to do so but just face the issue that my ED doesn't want to load the model (an lqml file) any more… Just offering edml/mx… No idea what's going on...

We have contacted you by e-mail.