Creating Stored Procedure Mappings

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
mgs

Creating Stored Procedure Mappings

Post by mgs » Fri 06 Dec 2013 11:34

With DevArt Entity Developer v5.7.241 for Entity Framework...

I just started to work with Entity Developer. With Database First a model is created. Mapping tables and columns, pluralization, etc. works fine.

However, in SQL Server there are also Stored Procedures for CRUD operations. For example, for a table "Categories" there are Stored Procedures "InsertCategory", "UpdateCategory" and "DeleteCategory".

I am not able to automatically create the Stored Procedure Mappings. I can create the Store Procedure Mappings manually, but isn't there a way to achieve this when importing the model from SQL Server?

Michael

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Creating Stored Procedure Mappings

Post by Shalex » Mon 09 Dec 2013 17:58

We recommend you to create Stored Procedure Mapping via interface of Entity Developer: http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/e ... eloper.chm > ORM Support > Entity Framework > Concepts > Working with Classes > Stored Procedure Mapping. Assign Command to a particular Storage Procedure, and the mapping of procedure parameters to class properties will be generated by Entity Developer automatically.

mgs

Post by mgs » Tue 10 Dec 2013 16:25

Thanks a lot for the answer. That probably will not be fun at all. Imagine having a database with 100 tables. Then you have to manually...
  • - click on an entity inside the canvas
  • - click on properties "Stored Procedure Mappings"
  • - click on each of the commands "insert/update/delete"
  • - click on the Stored Procedures' combobox
  • - scroll through 300 entries in that list
  • - click on OK
I appreciated if that were done automatically, when the import from SQL Server is done.

Michael

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 11 Dec 2013 17:06

mgs wrote:I appreciated if that were done automatically, when the import from SQL Server is done.
Please post your suggestion at http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/3867 ... -developer, and we will consider the possibility of adding this feature in the next version of Entity Developer.

mgs

Post by mgs » Wed 11 Dec 2013 18:22

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 12 Dec 2013 13:22

Thank you. We will post here when the feature is implemented.