Unable to load the specified metadata resource.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
MarkusR

Unable to load the specified metadata resource.

Post by MarkusR » Mon 18 Nov 2013 20:24

Good day,

I am using VS2012, .Net 3.5, devart 6.8.

I have a class library that I "Add New Item -> Devart Entity Model"...

It generated the edml. In the startup (WCF Service) project it added the following to the web.config:

<connectionStrings>
<add name="CommPrefConnectionString" connectionString="metadata=res://*/CommPrefModel.csdl|res://*/CommPrefModel.ssdl|res://*/CommPrefModel.msl;provider=Devart.Data.Oracle;provider connection string="User Id=xx_xxx;Password=xxxx;Server=xxxx;Direct=True;Sid=xxxx;Persist Security Info=True""
providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
</connectionStrings>

when I start the service I get the following error:

"Unable to load the specified metadata resource."

at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.LoadResources(String assemblyName, String resourceName, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource..ctor(String originalPath, String assemblyName, String resourceName, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.CreateResourceLoader(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoader.Create(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataCache.SplitPaths(String paths)
at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Evaluate>b__0()
at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Result.GetValue()
at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Evaluate(TArg arg)
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetMetadataWorkspace(Boolean initializeAllCollections)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.RetrieveMetadataWorkspaceFromConnection()
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext..ctor(EntityConnection connection, Boolean isConnectionConstructor)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext..ctor(String connectionString, String defaultContainerName)
at My.WebServices.Internal.Data.Entities.CommPref.CommPrefEntities..ctor() in c:\tfs\Web.MyUtilities\Dev\Main-CommPref\My.WebServices.Internal\My.WebServices.Internal.Data.Entities.CommPref\CommPrefModel.Designer.cs:line 44
at invoke_constructor()
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CreateDataSource()
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CreateDataSourceInstance()
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CreateMetadataAndQueryProviders(IDataServiceMetadataProvider& metadataProviderInstance, IDataServiceQueryProvider& queryProviderInstance, Object& dataSourceInstance, Boolean& isInternallyCreatedProvider)
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CreateProvider()
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.EnsureProviderAndConfigForRequest()
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()

I don't see a physical .csdl or .ssdl.

Any thoughts?

-Markus

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Unable to load the specified metadata resource.

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Nov 2013 17:16