error : 'EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.EntityFrameworkVersion' does not contain a definition for 'Version45'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
srthota

error : 'EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.EntityFrameworkVersion' does not contain a definition for 'Version45'

Post by srthota » Thu 12 Sep 2013 14:34

I have recently upgraded my devart Entity Developer verion to 5.5.164 from 4.3.178. The DataModel that I created using the older version has issues when opened using the new version. it allows me to add new tables and stored procedures to the model but I cannot generate code using the new version anymore.

An error occurred during an attempt to compile the template 'SecurityEntityObject'.
Error List:
error : 'string' does not contain a definition for 'Name' and no extension method 'Name' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
error : 'string' does not contain a definition for 'Name' and no extension method 'Name' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
error : No overload for method 'GetStorageColumn' takes 0 arguments
error : No overload for method 'GetStorageColumn' takes 0 arguments
error : 'EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.Serialization.Edmx' does not contain a definition for 'SaveToStreams'

Isn't Entity Developer backward compatible. Am I missing something here?
Thanks

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: error : 'EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.EntityFrameworkVersion' does not contain a definition for 'Version45'

Post by MariiaI » Fri 13 Sep 2013 11:08

srthota wrote:An error occurred during an attempt to compile the template 'SecurityEntityObject'.
The 'SecurityEntityObject' template is your custom one, yes? Please specify whether the use of this template is required in your scenario or not:
1) if not, please remove it and add one of the predefined templates (Model Explorer->Templates->New Template);
2) if yes, you could try merging your changes with the predefined template (add one of the predefined templates, copy it to the model folder - "Copy to Model Folder" from the short cut menu of the selected template - and add your necessary changes to it);
3) if you encounter any problems with merging, please send us your custom template so that we are able to investigate it and find the solution for you.

Please refer to the corresponding topics in the Entity Developer documentation: Template System Concepts -> Model Template Types , Template System Concepts -> Basic Operations With Templates, etc.

Looking forward to your reply.