Overwrite Behaviour?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
django

Overwrite Behaviour?

Post by django » Mon 09 Sep 2013 07:23

Hello,

I do not want simply regenerate and overwrite existing mapping files for unchanged tables in my db.

I am using Update Model From DB option. (NHibernate as ORM tool and MS SQL as database)

The problem is that even i set the option OverwriteMode.None or OverwriteMode.Merge in the customized template file, each time I create a new table and choose the option Update Model From DB, existing mapping files (.hbm.xml) that are not modified in the DB are also regenerated??

Please suggest

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Overwrite Behaviour?

Post by MariiaI » Wed 11 Sep 2013 10:49

Settings for the mapping generation (OverwriteMode) is defined in the "Xml mapping generation" section (line 743). In case, you set it to OverwriteMode.None, only new mapping files will be generated. Changes, made to these tables, which are included in the model already, will not be added to the existing mapping files.
As for the OverwriteMode.Merge, we have reproduced the issue with it and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next build of Entity Developer.

django

Post by django » Mon 16 Sep 2013 17:29

Thanks for the answer :)

So i am waiting for the next fix.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 17 Sep 2013 06:27

We will definitely inform you when the new build is available for download.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:58

New build of Entity Developer 5.5.196 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27973.