Missing Provider in drop down list

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
ron_grove

Missing Provider in drop down list

Post by ron_grove » Fri 14 Jun 2013 07:35

I'm installing for the first time and learning my way around. I'm having a problem I haven't figured out yet, though. When I go to create a model in Entity Developer or the designer in VS2010 I only ever see one provider in the drop down menu. I own both the Oracle and MySQL dotConnect products, but only the last one installed ever appears in the list. Is there a place I can make sure the other provider is registered? It was MySQL a few minutes ago and I had to reinstall Oracle to get Oracle back again. Now MySQL is missing of course. There's got to be something I'm missing... Using latest builds in VS2010.

Thank you,
Ron

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Missing Provider in drop down list

Post by Shalex » Tue 18 Jun 2013 14:33

Please specify the following information:
1) navigate to Visual Studio > Tools > Oracle > About: tell us your version (x.xx.xxx) and edition
2) navigate to Visual Studio > Tools > MySQL > About: tell us your version (x.xx.xxx) and edition
3) navigate to Visual Studio > Tools > Entity Developer > About: tell us your version (x.xx.xxx) and the list of available ORM frameworks
4) send us your \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\EntityDeveloper\EntityDeveloper.exe.config file
5) which ORM framework are you working with (e.g.: Entity Framework)?

ron_grove

Post by ron_grove » Tue 18 Jun 2013 22:34

MySQL: 7.6.257.0
Oracle: 7.7.257.0
Entity Developer: 5.5.120 - Entity Framework, Devart LinqConnect

I think I've figured it out in the EntityDeveloper.exe.config file, but I don't know if this fixes it since it may just write over the top of this again on the next install.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="entityDeveloper" type="System.Configuration.ConfigurationSection">
      <section name="providers" type="EntityDeveloper.Configuration.EdConfigurationSection, EntityDeveloper.Common" />
      <section name="EntityFramework" type="EntityDeveloper.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationSection, EntityDeveloper.Common" />
      <section name="DevartLinqConnect" type="EntityDeveloper.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationSection, EntityDeveloper.Common" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <entityDeveloper>
    <providers>
      <database>
        <add name="Devart.Data.MySql" type="EntityDeveloper.MySQLVendor, EntityDeveloper" />
        <add name="Devart.Data.Oracle" type="EntityDeveloper.OracleVendor, EntityDeveloper" />
        <add name="Devart.Data.PostgreSql" type="EntityDeveloper.PgSQLVendor, EntityDeveloper" />
        <add name="Devart.Data.SQLite" type="EntityDeveloper.SQLiteVendor, EntityDeveloper" />
      </database>
      <orm>
        <add name="Entity Framework" type="EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.EntityFrameworkModelDescriptor, EntityDeveloper.Orm.EntityFramework" />
        <add name="Devart LinqConnect" type="EntityDeveloper.Linq.LinqConnectModelDescriptor, EntityDeveloper.Orm.LinqConnect" />
      </orm>
    </providers>
    <EntityFramework>
      <providers>
        <add name="Devart.Data.Oracle" type="EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.OracleManifestProvider, EntityDeveloper.Orm.EntityFramework" />
        <add name="Devart.Data.MySql" type="EntityDeveloper.EntityFramework.MySqlManifestProvider, EntityDeveloper.Orm.EntityFramework" /> <!--I just added this line -->
      </providers>
    </EntityFramework>
    <DevartLinqConnect>
      <providers>
        <add name="Devart.Data.Oracle" />
        <add name="Devart.Data.MySql" /> <!--I just added this line --> 
      </providers>
    </DevartLinqConnect>
  </entityDeveloper>
</configuration>

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 20 Jun 2013 16:56

ron_grove wrote:I think I've figured it out in the EntityDeveloper.exe.config file, but I don't know if this fixes it since it may just write over the top of this again on the next install.
Currently we cannot reproduce the described problem in our test environment. If the issue comes back, please contact us again.