Pluralization / singularization problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Joe Smith

Pluralization / singularization problem

Post by Joe Smith » Wed 05 Jun 2013 18:00

The pluralization/singularization engine works for english only, so for my italian table names I've choosen the "Unchanged" options in "Synchronization" -> "Model naming" and changed the class names by hand (i.e. I renamed table name "Clienti", plural for Customers, to class name "Cliente", singular for Customer).
But every time I synchronize with the database, ED changes my class names back to table names (i.e. it changes "Cliente" back to "Clienti"). How to prevent this?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Pluralization / singularization problem

Post by Shalex » Fri 07 Jun 2013 15:28

Joe Smith wrote:But every time I synchronize with the database, ED changes my class names back to table names (i.e. it changes "Cliente" back to "Clienti"). How to prevent this?
1. Do you select your "Clienti" table in Update Model From Database Wizard?
2. Which changes were made in the table comparing to the previous update? Please post here the DDL of the original table and the DDL of the table after the change.

There is no localization for non-English languages in Entity Developer. But the class should not be regenerated completely (with setting default name) - Update Model From Database Wizard should adjust existing class to the updated table.

Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith » Mon 10 Jun 2013 16:01

Shalex wrote: 1. Do you select your "Clienti" table in Update Model From Database Wizard?
2. Which changes were made in the table comparing to the previous update? Please post here the DDL of the original table and the DDL of the table after the change.

There is no localization for non-English languages in Entity Developer. But the class should not be regenerated completely (with setting default name) - Update Model From Database Wizard should adjust existing class to the updated table.
1. Yes
2. It doesn't matter what type of change you make: in this case I removed a field, but the same happens if you rename a field or change a field type: as long as the table has any change, the class gets renamed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 12 Jun 2013 09:58

The bug with regenerating the model class by the Update Model From Database wizard, if the corresponding table in the database is changed, is fixed. We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 20 Jun 2013 13:10

New build of Entity Developer 5.5.130 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27378.

Be aware that Entity Developer offers to drop the corresponding old property and add a new one after renaming a column in the database. Solution: select both "OldColumn (Dropped)" and "NewColumn (Added)" in Update From Database Wizard > right click > Resolve Renamed to leave old property in the model instead of creating a new one.